QUALITY ENGINEER - NEW YORK OPERATION/CALIFORNIA OPERATION
This position will have leadership responsibility for providing quality assurance expertise and working as a team member with various personnel to meet the needs, requirements and expectations of our customers.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
• Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
• Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
• Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
• Supports Product Engineers and Quality Program Manager with customer interfaces as necessary on quality related issues.
• Assures data availability and integrity for all quality related data. Consolidates and reports quality results.
• Initiates corrective action requests as needed and tracks to satisfactory completion.
• Assists with development and implementation of quality audits.
• Responsible for developing, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
• Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment.
• Analyzes reports and returned products and recommends corrective action.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment and facilities.
• Approves product, process and equipment qualifications.
• Provides liaison to various regulatory bodies
• Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience, with 4 years or more experience in engineering in the high technology electronics industry or related field, specifically printed circuit boards (PCB)
• Experience in Printed Circuit Board manufacturing (preferably Flexible
• Ability to work directly with customers and suppliers supporting;
• Product qualification
• Root cause analysis
• Corrective and preventative actions.
• Returned Material Authorization (RMA) processes
• Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Process/Product Control Plans.
• Quality Management Systems (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap, DLA and other systems)
• Additional standards such as MSA, 8D corrective action methodologies.
• Software proficiency in MS Office Suite of applications and Minitab SPC
• Statistical Process Control (SPC) including ANOVA, DOE, GR&R, GD&D
• Product troubleshooting and failure analysis.
• Ability to travel.
• Lean Six Sigma black Belt
• Advanced database skills – MS Access
• Experience with ProCIM
• Supervisory experience (small group)
• Technical skills in the following areas and with the following equipment:
• Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
• Thermal chambers (reliability testing) storage and environmental conditions.
• Cross-sectioning and analysis
• Calibration systems and equipment